Vancouver, BC: January 25-27, 2018: The Early Years Conference 2018
The Early Years Conference 2018, Strengthening Resilience in Today’s World – Leading with Kindness and Understanding, will focus on considerations and practices in work with young children and their families, as we adapt to our rapidly changing society.
The conference organizers invite participants to join with them as they enter their third decade of hosting the BC Early Years Conference welcoming participants from across Canada and Internationally.
The conference focus is on early childhood development, early childhood intervention and family support. The initiative reflects the powerful partnerships that have been formed across many communities: University of British Columbia, Infant Development Program, Aboriginal Infant Development Program, Sunny Hill Health Centre, BC Children’s Hospital, Family Support Institute and many more.
The learning objectives of the conference are to:
- Consider the influence of diverse social and cultural factors, including digital media and technology, in the context of child and family development
- Recognize the impact of trauma, including intergenerational trauma, and other adverse life experiences
- Consider how children with special needs experience and interact across different environments
- Enhance our understanding of inclusive approaches in supporting the child, family and community
- Review evidence-based approaches aimed to strengthen resilience in young children and their families
WHEN: January 25-27, 2018
WHERE: The Hyatt Regency Vancouver, 655 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC