Langley, BC: February 23-24: Dalai Lama Center Heart-Mind 2018 Conference
The Heart-Mind 2018: Take Care of Yourself – The Science and Practice of Well-Being conference, presented by The Dalai Lama Center for Peace & Education, will focus on an exploration of how “self-acceptance, being kind to ourselves, and connection, improves our well-being and makes it possible for us to be more present and caring for the children and adults in our lives”.
Speakers at the conference will include:
- Patricia Jennings
- Dan Siegel
- Rick Hanson
- Chastity Davis
- Kimberly Schonert-Reichl
- Maria LeRose
- Linda Lantieri
An important note for participants is that the conference will take place at different venues on the two days:
- Friday, February 23, 2018 will be at the Coast Hotel and Convention Centre, 20393 Fraser Highway, Langley, BC V3A 7N2
- Saturday, February 24, 2018 will be at Walnut Grove Secondary School, 8919 Walnut Grove Drive, Langley, BC V1M 2N7
The first day of the conference includes presentations focusing on the key ingredients of well-being for individuals and organizations. Questions that will be explored include:
- How does Mindfulness promote well-being?
- What can schools, workplaces and communities do to support individuals to take care of themselves?
- How do qualities such as gratitude, kindness and forgiveness lead to happiness?
- Can we hardwire our brains to cultivate well-being?
The second day of the conference, after a morning plenary session, will offer participants the choice of taking part in one of the following: a “Big Conversation”; small-group sessions; or an in-depth workshop where they will have opportunity to learn hands-on strategies designed to encourage and guide self-care and well-being.
To register for the conference, go to http://dalailamacenter.org/conference/heart-mind-2018-take-care-yourself/register