Physical Activity and Nutrition Program Subsidy Incentive from Healthy Families BC
Based on the foundation that “small investments in your health can add up to a lifetime of health benefits”, Healthy Families BC aims to kick start healthier physical activity and nutritional habits through the Physical Activity and Nutrition Program Subsidy Incentive.
Patients who have recently received a Personal Health Risk Assessment from their physician can apply for a one-time subsidy of up to $50 towards the cost of a variety of physical activity or nutrition programs or services including:
- Recreation centre membership
- Private gym or club membership
- Fitness classes or lessons
- Swimming, yoga, running, walking, skating, cycling …
- Registration in programs or services delivered through a registered BC provincial sport organization (and/or its member clubs or associations)
- Physical activity program or service delivered by a:
- Grocery store tours led by a Registered Dietitian (RD)
- Nutrition workshop delivered by a Registered Dietitian (RD)
- List of Registered Dietitians in BC
- Private practice Registered Dietitian (RD) services (including counseling and/or meal planning development)
- Find a Private Practice Registered Dietitian
- Health Authority weight management programs
Funds are available for up to 50,000 participants. Physicians can contact the Ministry of Health at 250-952-2049 to order additional Rx for Health forms while the subsidy program is active.