Violence Against Women and the Law: Resources for Woman and Advocates
The Violence Against Women and the Law: Resources for Women and Advocates manual offers a wide range of resources and referrals on topics such as:
- General information on family law and legal help in BC, including glossaries of legal and court related terms in multiple languages.
- Legal “scripts” on topics such as divorce and separation, marriage and violence against women, property and asset division in English, Chinese and Punjabi.
- How to prepare for an interview with a lawyer so that you can use your time effectively.
- What you should expect from a Legal Aid lawyer and how to get the most from them.
- Information on Peace Bonds and Restraining Orders.
- Information related to sponsorship breakdown and what to do if you are an immigrant women sponsored by your husband.
- Court information such as how to represent yourself in court, how to act in court, how to testify in court and how to take notes in court.
- Factsheets on custody and access and what women can do to keep their children, including information on child support in BC.
Check out the manual here.