1. 2012 BCAPOP Conference and Annual General Meeting
This unique and valuable professional development opportunity will take place on October 10th, 11th and 12th at the Hilton Vancouver Airport Hotel.
Featured sessions this year include:
- A keynote address by Nancy Poole on Becoming Trauma-Informed: Applying Principles of Trauma-Informed Practice within Pregnancy Outreach Programs
- Infant Mental Health with Dr. Vanessa Lapointe
- Panel on Midwifery Care and POP Programs
- Breastfeeding with Marianne Brophy
The year’s conference will also feature an “Unconference”. This will be your opportunity to get your hot topic on the agenda and network with other projects from across the province. Check out more about unconferences.
Please find our registration package attached. You may register using the forms at the back, or online.
2. BC Healthy Child Development Alliance & Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre 2nd Annual Infant-Child Social Emotional Development Workshop & Webinar
Save the Date: November 14th, 2012
No fees; Details to be posted on the Kelty website shortly.
3. BC Council for Families Provincial Conference: Programs, Policies and Partnerships to Build Healthy Families
Join the BC Council for Families on October 19th and 20th for their annual conference. This year’s event features a keynote presentation by Adrienne Montani from First Call on Child Poverty Advocacy in BC as well as a number of interactive workshop sessions.
Check out the conference brochure.
4. The British Columbia Lactation Consultant Association (BCLCA) conference "Breastfeeding: Challenges and Solutions" with keynote speaker Catherine Watson Genna and Tina Revai
Friday, Oct. 26, 2012.
The conference is being offered concurrently at the Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel and as a Telehealth/Videoconferencing presentation.
Visit BCLCA for more information.