Early Childhood Investigations: Free Webinar Series for ECE Professionals
Sessions run live on Wednesdays at 2 pm Eastern Time several times a month. All presentations are available online as recordings, with resources, afterwards. The next sessions in the series will run in August:
- Using Loose Parts to Create Cultural Sustainable Environments (Miriam Beloglovsky and Lisa Daly) August 8, 2018 (2 pm Eastern Time). Learning objectives include:
- Define how loose parts support children’s culture, identity, traditions and history.
- Appraise the importance of creating culturally sustainable spaces for young children and families.
- Design spaces that reflect the culture, history, language and traditions of all children.
- Develop relationships with families and communities through mutual respect and understanding.
- Talking with Babies: Infant-Directed Speech and the Role of Early Educators (Dr. Kathy Hirsh-Pasek) August 15, 2018 . Studies suggest that infant-directed speech promotes infant attention to language; fosters social interaction between infants and caregivers; informs infants about various aspects of their native language by helping babies distinguish between speech addressed to adults and that addressed to them. The presentation includes techniques and strategies to facilitate language development through responsive interactions with babies.
Recent topics have included:
- 5 things you can do today to lessen challenging behaviours tomorrow (06/20/2018)
- So, you want your ECE teachers to be innovative? Build a culture that fosters a growth mindset (06/13/2018)
- Engaging families of infants and toddlers with disabilities: strategies to enhance your practice (06/06/2018)
- Heart-centred leadership for inspired nature-rich early childhood programs (05/02/2018)
- From play to practice: connecting teachers play with children’s learning (04/19/2018)
- Abuse? Not our kids! Protecting children from abuse by empowering early educators. (03/28) 2018)
- Hiring and retaining qualified staff is not ‘Mission Impossible’. (03/27/2018)
- Play therapy techniques in Early Childhood settings: supporting social-emotional learning & self-regulation (03/21/2018)
- Extending the book experience: strategies that promote language and literacy development in dual language learners (03/14/2018)
- Picturing the Project Approach: seeing how it works for teachers and children in practice (03/07/2018)
- Leadership in Early Childhood Education: why you should care and what you should do about it (02/14/2018)
- Big Body Play: why something so scary is so good for children (02/07/2018)