CAI Cross Agency Mentoring Opportunity: Cohort 2
Often, the best way to learn is through one-on-one coaching from someone else with a great track record in building solid partnerships. The Community Action Initiative (CAI) is offering a unique experiential learning opportunity that will help agencies gain success in this area. Mentee Agencies will:
- Learn new approaches for developing community partnerships
- Get coaching to explore and overcome past challenges
- Build knowledge capital to cultivate strategic partnerships, which promotes organizational resilience to thrive in uncertain times
Mentee agencies may apply for a grant of up to $10,000 to work on a convening or capacity-building project with newly acquired partner(s), of up to 6 months duration, either within the mentorship timeframe or within 6 months post-mentorship.
Mentorships are semi-structures and will be supported for 10-12 months. Cohort 2 mentorships start in May 2015. Interactions between mentors and mentees will take place virtually (e.g. phone or Skype).
To qualify as a Mentee Agency, agencies:
- Must be a registered non-profit agency or an Aboriginal agency, organization or health centre providing services to First Nation and Aboriginal peoples in BC
- Must have a prospective new partnership(s) you are interested in developing in your community, related to mental health and/or substance use service delivery as it relates to CAI’s strategic directions
- Must have the signed approval of the Executive Director of your agency or person with equivalent financial and managerial accountability, to participate
- Must identify two or more individuals from your agency who are committed to participating for the full duration of the 10-12 month mentorship.
Click here for more information.