Family Violence Prevention Initiative
Projects across the province have submitted innovative and creative plans regarding the Family Violence Prevention Initiative dollars recently made available by the Public Health Agency of Canada. These funds have been provided to accomplish the goals of increased:
- Training opportunities for CAPC and CPNP staff;
- Knowledge of family violence prevention programs and organizations;
- Capacity to respond to and support families experiencing domestic violence;
- Capacity of staff to address family violence and prevent vicarious trauma experienced by staff;
- Understanding of unique considerations resulting in increased risk or prevalence of family violence within some communities.
Here are some of the great ideas and resources being used around the province for this initiative:
- Video resources from Kinetic
- The Building Bridges program and workshops from BC Women’s Hospital
- The Integrated Case Management Team (ICAT) in Vernon: Project Protects Victims of Violence
- RespectED Training from the Red Cross
- Little Warriors Training
Send us your great idea and we’ll do a feature article on your program!