Men Care: A Global Fatherhood Campaign
The MenCare “You Are My Father” poster templates are designed for use by programs around the world that:
- Support fathers’ active participation in caregiving and supportive activities throughout the planning, pregnancy, birth and parenting stages;
- Encourage fathers’ involvement in the daily care of their children and the equal distribution of domestic affairs;
- Promote fathers’ participation in any family composition: heterosexual, gay or lesbian parents, couples who are together or separate, parents living with their children or not, birth parents, adoptive or social;
- Support gender equality: equal value and rights of men and women;
- Oppose any form of violence against women and children.
MenCare has produced 10 poster templates in the “You Are My Father Series”:
- You Aren’t Afraid to Hold Me Close
- You Are Always There to Guide Us
- You Tell Me Wonderful Stories
- You See Equality in My Future
- You Help Me Take My Medicine[/twocol_one][twocol_one_last]
- You Don’t Want to Be Anywhere Else
- You Take Play Seriously
- You Never Miss a Prenatal Visit
- You Take Care of Me, No Matter What
- You Are the Strongest Man I Know
Each of the poster templates can be customized to suit your program, personalizing the messages and images to suit. The template images are multi-cultural, and examples of customized posters are given from Brazil, Chile, India, Nicaragua, South Africa and Turkey.
Access the original site and posters at Men Care: A Global Fatherhood Campaign.[/twocol_one_last]
Forward us a copy to email@example.com and you may be chosen to share about your experience in a future newsletter.