1. 2012 BCAPOP Conference and Annual General Meeting
This unique and valuable professional development opportunity will take place on October 10th, 11th and 12th at the Hilton Vancouver Airport Hotel.
Featured sessions this year include:
- A keynote address by Nancy Poole on Becoming Trauma-Informed: Applying Principles of Trauma-Informed Practice within Pregnancy Outreach Programs
- Infant Mental Health with Dr. Vanessa Lapointe
- Post Partum Depression with the Pacific Post Partum Support Society
- Breastfeeding with Marianne Brophy
The year’s conference will also feature an “Unconference”. This will be your opportunity to get your hot topic on the agenda and network with other projects from across the province. Check out more about unconferences.
Please find our registration package attached. You may register using the forms at the back, or online.
2. Free webinars on upcoming Healthy Baby, Healthy Brain awareness campaign - Best Start Resource Centre
The Best Start Resource Centre will be offering webinars on its upcoming awareness campaign “Healthy Baby Healthy Brain”. These webinars will offer service providers some background information on the campaign and help them use the campaign materials in their programming. The webinars are offered free of charge and service providers only need to attend one of them, at their convenience.
- Two webinars open to all service providers are available on Tuesday, September 11. An English one is available from 1 to 2 p.m. and a French one is available from 3 to 4 p.m. Registration for these webinars is available on the Best Start website.
- An additional webinar will be offered specifically for Healthy Baby Healthy Children staff on Wednesday, September 12, from 1 to 2 p.m. You must register online for this webinar.
The Healthy Baby Healthy Brain campaign will be launched on October 3rd. You are encouraged to plan events related to early brain development in the fall. Information on the strategies is available at Best Start.